Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Daily walks around Baumholder??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Daily walks around Baumholder?? Empty
PostSubject: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 am

I am going to start taking walks everyday, just around downtown Baumholder... my love of the Bakeries here is not being nice to my body. Does anyone else want to do this? Let me know... it would be more fun if someone was with me!
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am

I would LOVE to go if i was there. and I should be there in about a month so if your still doing your walks then id be glad to join! it would give me a chance to see a little bit around lol
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:36 am

Oooh! Lovely! We just got here almost 2 months ago. When are you coming? I suggest you contact the Lagerhoff Inn for reservations a month beforehand otherwise you may end up having to stay (and pay) for a hotel off post.
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:43 am

Ohh thanks for the tip I sure will call them and make arrangements. The Command Sponsership Process Is barely begginning. I leave to Georgia on Tuesday for my husbands OSUT graduation and then Ill be able to get some forms from him that I need to get the EFMP done. I need the passports but I hear good and bad on tourist/no-fee. I just dont want to wait for the no-fee's lol. so i want to get tourist ones that way we can travel as well. but I hear that if you get the sofa stamp you cant travel with it =/ im so confused. You've been there 2 months how do you like it?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 am

I like it, we live off post (barely- but we do) just outside the gate to Wetzle housing. I am clueless on the whole passport thing, I hear conflicting stories all the time. Get used to simpler (smaller) living. A lot of people complain about the apartments on post being small. There is a free suttle bus to take you all over post, I suggest this over taxis because the taxis are EXPENSIVE! You will more than likely be living in Wetzle housing- just up the hill from me. The apartments are cute there!
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

do you recommend on post or off post housing? I was kind of nervous to consider off post housing just because i feel i will be safer on post. but ive heard nothing of any kind of crime or stuff going on around there. or maybe nobodys just told me about it lol
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 am

You cannot live off post unless housing cannot accomadate you for some reason. We needed a 4 bedroom, they did not have any, so we have to live off post!
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Ohhh so your right we probably will be right around were you are just on post. We only need a 2 bedroom. Its just my husband, myself and our 2 year old son. Have you seen the apartments on post do they look nice?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm

I saw a two bedroom and it was nice, and cute. The one I saw was on Wetzle, it had both 110V and 220V plugs, wood floors, a balcony, big living room, and there is a school right there so the kids can walk no problem (mine just walk up the hill every morning).
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Well my son is only 2... is there a kind of daycare of preschool/headstart out there for 2 year olds? I would like to put him in school so that I can TRY and find a job, not sure how easy that would be out there.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Laura Very Happy, i'll join you on your daily walks! We're moving to Baumholder next weekend so it would be a great way to get to know the area. Kim
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 am

Try looking at http://www.baumholder.army.mil/sites/local/ there might be some information there on toddler groups. I honestly have no clue on that, sorry.

Kim, welcome to the Rock and as soon as you are all settled let me know!
Back to top Go down
katbryan

katbryan

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 am

Hey Cjsmommy07,

I just thought I would pass on some info about the passports you were asking about. I applied for my tourist passport right away and actually came here to Germany on that. Once we had command sponsorship and the orders, I applied for my no fees and had it sent to my parents so that they could then send it to me. So now I have both. They had told me that I needed to get a SOFA stamp in my tourist passport within 90 days of being here so that I can stay longer but I actually just recently got my no fees passport (have only been here about 2 months) so now I don't need it. Does that make sense? I hope I helped. =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily walks around Baumholder??   Daily walks around Baumholder?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily walks around Baumholder??
Page 1 of 1