Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello Ladies =]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: Hello Ladies =]   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:02 pm

[center]Well hello, My name is Shuree, I currently live in california. My husband is in OSUT for infantry right now and graduates this coming TUESDAY! we have orders for Baumholder. I have never even heard of it until the other day when he recieved orders. Im very curious to finding out any kind of information on the post! We should be there sometime around mid-march if everything goes right. Im currently in the process of this command sponsership [which seems to take FOREVER! =/ so that my son and I can go with DH when he leaves]! Well any information on Baumholder would be greatly apprciated! Im glad theres finally a site for just Germany lol.

Thanks in Advance.
-Shuree
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Ladies =]   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:19 pm

My hubby does a lot of training in Baumholder... it is cold there, lol but beautiful! Command Sponsorship is more of a pain for the men... I think, it was not too much work on my end... EFMP screening and medical screening was a breeze other then that I just had to get a passport. If your are adventurous you will def. love this part of the world. Just get out and see as much as you can and stay busy and you will love it... keep your mind open as it is a totally different world over here. You will be culture shocked! I couldn't believe how different it was but it is amazing, I love their culture, except for the no shopping on Sundays and everything closing early! Thanks for joining I hope we can help you out, if you have any questions just ask!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Mommy Jackie

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Ladies =]   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 am

Hey Shuree, its Jackie (jjhowell12403) - did that information help at all the other day Smile Glad to see you're on here!!
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

bev :o)

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: about baumholder :o)   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 am

Hi there!
My husband is stationed in Baumholder w/ 4-70th! Baumholder is about 40minutes at most northwest from Kaiserslautern and about 15-20min from Idar-Oberstein. It is known as the "rock", because it sits on a rock. It is beautiful here and has a lot of history in the area. There are 3 posts. The main one is called Smith Barracks and has the following: the post office(aka the cmr, which your apo will be 09034--inside the cmr you can pick up and send out mail, there is the uso,travel center, place to pick up and drop off vat forms,a coffee shop and internet cafe...there is tons of parking here), there is a PX, commissary, bowling alley, movie theater(scheduled to re-open soon, they just redid the roof and inside) library(where you can check out books,video games,movies and access FREE internet...there is at least 6 computers) running track,burger king,shoppette/gas station, 2 banks (community bank and service credit union), the rheinlander(which is where they like to hold military balls etc...they also have a restraunt in there that has pretty good food) the dinning facility(the one across from the px is the best one, but there are 2 on post), there is the auto center/junk yard( the guy who runs that is super nice and knowledgeable--they also do oil changes etc there--just in case your hubby has to go to field etc and u dont want to mess w/ it.)thrift store, barber shop and hair salon(which I personally wouldnt recommend for ladies, but that is just me)power zone, clothing and sales, alterations and food court(popeyes,taco bell,anthonys pizza,baskin robins)*note the bowling alley pizza is kick butt Surprised)the rest is smith cdc and smith elementary school
Okay so the 2nd post which is not even a minute down the road is Dispensary Kaserne. this is where the clinic is, ACS, cys registration,etc.
the 3rd post which is about 2minutes down the road is called Wetzel kaserne. Here is where Wetzel CDc,elementary,middle school/high school are, wetzel housing, a small video store(which i have honestly never been too) and the housing office.
The town of baumholder is kind of small, there is not a train station, but there is a Mcdonalds and a wonderful german hotel/restaraunt(sorry I cant remember the name of it right now) a few shops and tons of delicious bakeries aka bakeria Surprised).
Baumholder has town hall meetings once a month which the whole community is welcome to attend, however your frg will send you an overview of the meetings through email Surprised)
There is a BsBc which has a small fee for the year if your interested in something like that. The weather right now is cold, there has been snow and ice. But as you will soon find the weather in Germany can be unpredictable. In fact today, it is partly cloudy today. I have a lot more information on the area, if your interested but dont want to completely overwhelm ya. Hope some of this helps
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Ladies =]   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Wow thanks ladies for all that information and Jackie yes i did recieve the paperwork but i had already gotten the forms from the Airforce base lol. but thank you for them i greatly appreciate it! Does anyone know how long the command sponsership takes. I cant get the EFMP done because i dont have the 5888 form yet. which ill be getting on tuesday from my husband when i go to his graduation. & anyone have any information on deployment at baummholder. PM me thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Ladies =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Ladies =]   Hello Ladies =] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Ladies =]
Page 1 of 1