Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!

Go down 
3 posters

For those of us at Bamberg with kids...are u interested in having playdates???
yes
Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Vote_lcap100%Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
no
Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Vote_lcap0%Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
maddysgurl

maddysgurl

Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Empty
PostSubject: Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!   Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi everyone!!! I'm Dana, I'm originally from Mississippi, and my husband's from Texas. We are currently stationed at Bamberg. I'm the proud mother of 2 wonderful kiddos...a girl and a boy. My daughter "Abbey" will be 3 in April, and my son "Joshua" is 2 1/2 months old. I have been a part of the military life for quite sometime, so I'm very familiar with how things work. I was in the Army myself, active for 3 years. I met my husband while stationed in Korea, and will be married 4 years in August..time has flown by. We have been all over...to include: Korea, Ft. Stewart Georgia, Ft. Bragg N.C., and now we are at Bamberg Germany...also, my husband is currently re-enlisting for Ft. Polk Louisiana, so if anyone has been there, I would love to talk to u about the post and what-not!!! We are stationed at Bamberg, but live off-post in the town called "Hallstadt" which is only 4 miles from post. For those of u familiar with some of the places off-post here, we actually live walking distance from the Toys-R-Us / OBI / McDonald's / ERTL / REAL area...We came to Germany from Ft. Bragg, N.C., have been here since July 9th of 2008. We hardly know anyone, especially those with children...and the vast majority of the few we do know are either deployed with my husband or chose to go home until their spouses come home. As stated, my husband is currently deployed...yet again, this is our second deployment, so I'm used to how things are. So far I've only managed to stay sane because my mom's been here to help out, unfortunately she leaves Saturday...I'm going to go crazy if I can't meet new people to talk to!!! It would be sooo awesome to meet people that has kids as well to start having playdates with!!! For now, we can meet in the CAC playroom or rotate out at each other's home if u would like, and from time to time we can go to the off-post indoor playroom called "FRANKYLAND" it's only about 1 mile from post, down the street from the Mainfranken hotel...and it's SUPER CHEAP !!!! And once the weather warms up, we can meet at the parks on-post!!! I hate seeing my daughter suffer from having no friends, as a mother, it kills me inside to see her playing alone...she's sooo heartbreaking sometimes. She sit's in her room and plays with her dollies as if they were her friends (in a way I guess they are) !!! We chose this military life, so why should our children suffer for it??? I'm a shy / reserved person which makes meeting new people difficult. I don't usually open up easily, especially around people I barely know,but children can change things in u!!! My daughter has a speech delay and her therapist thinks that if she can interact with more kids on the regular, it might help her!!! I'm personally geting cabin fever already and my husband has only been gone for a month....a longgg time to go!!! Please, if there are any of u at Bamberg or close by who are interested in having playdates or meeting up sometime, please feel free in leting me know. Feel free to email my personal email to make sure I get your message... ms_92fchick@yahoo.com in the subject box put PLAYDATES or MEET AND GREET as the subject so I will know it's not spam. Thanks !!!! and I look forward to hearing from u!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dana_wilson3
GermanNut

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!   Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:29 am

Just wanted to say HI since there seem to be NO other people living in Bamberg on the forums!

I actually live in a small town called Zeegendorf about 12 kilometers outside of Bamberg. Most people know my town because of it's big schnitzel at the restaurant Stark.

I am NOT a military spouse, however, I am American. I do not currently have any of my own children, rather, I have two stepchildren who are both teenagers.

It's a shame that Bamberg doesn't even have it's own forum on here, like the other bases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toytowngermany.com
bev :o)

bev :o)

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!   Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:39 am

Hi GermanNut! Welcome to living in germany Surprised) We were supposed to get stationed in Bamberg, but at the last minute they sent us to baumholder. I had googled info on it and omg, it looks so cute, w/ all the cobbleston and things. Can u tell me a few things to do in the area? Maybe when I am there we could link up for lunch or something or a drink (tea/coffee/soda etc... Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!   Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all, Intro from Bamberg !!!
Page 1 of 1