Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GermanNut

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm

I think it's great that you guys started a new forum in this little corner of the internet. Really, I do.

But I am a part of a website that is already full of ALL the information you are talking about here, and millions more things.

Not only is the website bigger and better, but if you type ANYTHING into the Google Search, with the words "English" "Germany" and whatever else you can think of, 99% of the time, this website will be listed in the top 5 choices.

Please, stroll on over to http://www.toytowngermany.com/ and check out the forums. You will be very happy you did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toytowngermany.com
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:01 pm

I think it was kind of you to stop bye and let us all know about your site. i MAY be wrong but I kinda got the impression your trying to steal some of the ladies/gents from this site! Ive found alot of information & have met some nice ladies on here. I did in fact stop by your site... just thought id say thanks for sharing your site but I got the impression your trying to compete with this site & were all adults here, its not a battle of the army spouses lol. I just got that impression because ill quote you "not only is the website bigger and better"! This site is just beggining and it takes time to create a wonderful and this site is on the way to becoming something great. just thought Id share.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 am

HOOAH! lol!
Back to top Go down
GermanNut

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:26 am

Thank you for your kind responses!

I think it should be noted that I am NOT an Army spouse, rather a supporter of our US Militaries and close friend to a lot of Army soldiers.

I did not come here to "steal" your members. And actually, quite the contrary. You are free to have your military discussions here, as the military section of the ToyTownGermany website may not have as much information as the other sections of the website.

However, ToyTownGermany is not only for military spouses/dependents living in Germany. I found the link to this forum on a website that is not for only military spouses, meaning that the creator of this website was trying to find more people to join, and not only the spouses.

ToyTownGermany is a website for ANY and ALL English speaking people living in Germany. There are many, many topics on the forums regarding things to do, living, family activities, legal systems, and many more.

I know that a lot of you are asking each other questions, and sometimes those questions are not answered because nobody knows! I am suggesting you do a search for those questions and answersToyTownGermany.

Have a great day. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.toytowngermany.com
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 am

I read your post soon after you posted it and debated on deleting it because it did seem to me that you were trying to "steal" my members but chose to leave it as if your site is better for them then I don't mind them going to it as people have the freedom to choose.

I am not sure where you found the link, but I know where I have posted it and that would be the yardsales.com's, which as you may have noticed are focused around the military bases for the military, and as a group linked to my personal facebook page. This site is focused on military spouses but we do welcome people who are not in the military because they would be able to give valuable input and we are not bias here. This group was set-up to give those a place to go to find new friends and things to do. While your site does that as well and is larger I would prefer to stay focused on the Military Spouses as we are all going through the same things. I would prefer to get information from those who have actually been through it rather than searching google.

Please do not "put down" my site by calling yours "bigger and better" that is just rude and disrespectful, I would never have done that on yours and do not appreciate you doing it on mine. If you would like to stay a member and give valuable input that is fine and welcomed but please do so in a respectable manner.
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Kristin, I hope I didnt start anything by replyin to original posters post, but I just thought in my opinion of course, that the only real part the poster said about "bigger and better site" just seemed to be bashing your site! & I can tell how hard you are working to bring this site up and you have done such a great job, its so well organized, just know ill be here to stay =] lol
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm

No I had actually replied to hit when I first saw it, right after it was posted but deleted it because I was angry at the bashing as well and didn't want to post an angry post so I decided to wait until I had cleared my head a bit. I posted it to make a point that I will not tolerate bashing, of any kind, towards my site or anyone on it, and do not appreciate it. I just found it to be distasteful. Thanks for standing up for my site! I'm glad y'all like it and that you plan on sticking around... it's nice having all y'all here!

I hope I didn't come across rude or angry as I don't want either... thanks again!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: