Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

haha okay...

Go down 
+3
Laura
Kristin
Cjsmommy07
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bev :o)

haha okay... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Monday? Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that info helps and hopefully u got it in time. If u guys need anything just let us know. I will pray for the time to go quickly!!!!
Back to top Go down
P'n'J

P'n'J

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Cjsmommy07 wrote:
So can I get the no-fee when I get to germany if i just go on a tourist passport, or do i have to get it stateside. Im a little devastated at the moment, i just spoke to my DH and he said he has to report immediately and has to leave monday which means I have to be miserable here for the next 6-8 weeks howeever long it takes to get me and my son over there.
You have to get that no-fee passport stateside and if you don't have enough time to get the regular passport, you can get it here at the DEERS Office (which costs you though). You just won't officially be allowed to travel outside Germany until you got your regular passport. Hope that helps!

Is your husband coming to Baumholder? Then you don't really miss out on much yet, the guys are going to the field soon for quite some time, so you wouldn't be with him even if you were here... Neutral
Back to top Go down
maddysgurl

maddysgurl

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

how come the no fee passports were free back home...and then when I had my son a few months ago I had to pay for his no fee passport...and I still gotta order me and my 2 kids a regular tourist passport too...ahhhh I have to wait for my lil man's social security card to come in before I can even send off for them...I hate how long paperwork takes to get done here...I dont' get their system!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dana_wilson3
britney_bowen

britney_bowen

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 am

maddysgurl wrote:
how come the no fee passports were free back home...and then when I had my son a few months ago I had to pay for his no fee passport...and I still gotta order me and my 2 kids a regular tourist passport too...ahhhh I have to wait for my lil man's social security card to come in before I can even send off for them...I hate how long paperwork takes to get done here...I dont' get their system!!!!

I can't believe they made you pay for a no-fee passport! That is ridiculous! Are you sure you have to wait for his SSN to come in before you can file for his passport? I had my son in November and I filed for his birth certificate and passport and I have to wait until those things come in in rder to file for his SSN. I had him in Germany.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/britney.bowen
maddysgurl

maddysgurl

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 am

britney_bowen wrote:
maddysgurl wrote:

I can't believe they made you pay for a no-fee passport! That is ridiculous! Are you sure you have to wait for his SSN to come in before you can file for his passport? I had my son in November and I filed for his birth certificate and passport and I have to wait until those things come in in rder to file for his SSN. I had him in Germany.

Yeah, I know right??? they charged me $65.00 for his no-fee passport, I had him in Germany as well. I thought that was ridiculous myself, but whatever. I'm having to wait for his social security card to come in, because they have all the documents I need to send off for his passport ...go figure, if I would've known that I was still going to need to get him a tourist passport to travel home with too, I would've sent off for both at the same time u know??? it's soo jacked up, how they don't tell u anything only to find out after it's too late, so now instead of me going home for my daughter's birthday, it will be later....much later!!! gotta love the way army's system is...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dana_wilson3
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:31 am

the passport thing is so screwy.. why can't they just give you one and a sofa card... the military is mind set on doing things the hard way.

I as well have answered in spanish, it' drives my hubby crazy he will till me bitte and my response, automatically, is de nada, lol told a polish man who didn't speak english or german yesterday gracias my mind get's so overwhelmed sometimes I just spit something out, lol I don't get embarrassed they wouldn't understand my english either, lol I think theirs is a bit more proper then mine and you throw in an accent and they get really confused, I have to talk real slow and enunciate, lol.

As for coming over here, your hubby will get 10 days TDY when he gets here to get you and himself settled, to find a house and such, as long as he is married he qualifies for off post housing, we have no kids and we live off post and a ton of people have to live off post, at least temporarily, because of the waiting list and such. The government will rush your passport if you have an itenerary that is less than 2 weeks from departure to ensure you get it before your plane leaves and I am not sure if they will rush it if you have orders it would be worth it to ask as they can overnight it and such, be worth a try! good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 am

I totally agree w/ the whole passport thing its all messed up. Why can't it be across the board the same. Free passport in the states/ free passport overseas Surprised) (at least for the sofa one---I mean sheesh the military requires us to have it Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: haha okay...   haha okay... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

haha okay...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Venting and Prayer :: Venting-
Jump to: