Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mommy2b

mommy2b

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:24 am

Ok, so we have been here in Graf for a year and have many more years here to come. We live off post so it is hard to make friends or stay busy as a stay at home wife. Everyone in my husbands unit is PCSing back to the states this year, well at least everyone with a wife lol. So we are open to new friends and new experiences. We are due with our first, a boy cheers , this May and are so excited! We love it here but of course there are times when you miss home. Even though we have been here for a year, we are still blind sided on where to go and what to do so sometimes we just get out and go. We love to bowl and just be able to get out and see new places and embrace the history. My husband plays hockey and golf as well. we love to get together with friends for an eveing of cards and of course my favorite right now FOOD lol! I hope this site really takes off, I know if takes time but I'm sure it will turn out great for all of us!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:43 am

Hi! I am really glad you joined, I am really looking forward to this taking off as well... fingers crossed! I feel you on the whole friends thing! Thanks again for posting, looking forward to other things you have to input! Congrats on the baby!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:11 am

It would be awesome if you could tell us a bit about Graf. I know my hubby goes there for training, he has been several times, I went with him once, loved it it's so pretty there, but we didn't know any of the places to go so ended up hanging out at the same ones for the week. We drove around but couldn't find much! ugghh... happens way too much, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mommy Jackie

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 am

Congratulations on the baby boy!! Nice to 'meet' you and I agree I really hope this site takes off, I will invite some of my friends I met on another site that are now here in Germany too!!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 am

thanks ladies I really do appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Ok, I will try to give a little info on Graf. And thanks to all for the congrats!
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am

Congrats on your baby! I see you have been to Edelweiss by your pic. Isn't that place great Surprised) So I know a lot of ladies that have used Graff as the last place to fill up before heading to Cheb for the dragon flea market. I have gone on one tour bus, but omg my tush hurt so bad by the time we got back, I never took another one. The actual place was an awesome experience(lots of knock off name brand clothes/purses/shoes/crystal) I have always wanted to go to Graff. Are there things to visit there or near the area? Maybe a small castle or something? just curious Surprised)
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm

We have been to the market in Cheb as well and what a deal for purses and sunglasses. There is are several churches near Graf that are nice, one in Parkstein which is actually on top of a non active volcano and there are magma formations which is really cool and then also in Amberg which is like at the top of the city and there are gold statues and very beautiful. There is a big shopping are in Amberg as well.
Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 pm

wow, that all sounds great! thanks so much for the info. my husband has been to graff a lot for training and kept telling me we should just go out for the fun of it, but I never knew of anything to do there, besides post. Thank you, thank you...now we have something to look forward to..on our world wind weekend trip Surprised)
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm

your welcome and any info you need on the area or directions, i can try to get for you!
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi

wow I didnt know there was a non active volcano around here I will defo look that up and where is Cheb?

Have you been down to Nurnberg? I use to live there so I know of loads to do there are lots of city festivals at different points in the year, and even more things to do. If you go to the tourist information you can get a pass for everything and transpot for 20 euros for 2 days. The Hitler rally grounds are here and in June Rock im park is held in them (I went last year with my husband and loved it)

We should be here until 2014 and I have just had my little girl back in december. Congratz as well,are you going to have your little boy in Amberg hospital?
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 am

hey Ski,

Awww congrats on the baby girl! We are actually going to deliver in Weiden. We wanted Amberg at first bit found an awesome OB doctor in Weiden. I know he prob wont deliver me but the OB care and personality is just great! We have been to Nurnburg but just for the Volksfest. I heard that rock thing is awesome. I dont know if we will be able to go with the new baby coming soon. Do you and your husband bowl or anything? We should try to get together sometime. We are here to hopefully 2014 as well so it would be nice to meet someone that wont be leaving until then! Let me know or message me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: