Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Operation: Leftovers

Go down 
+3
Kimmy
Brandy
Kristin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Operation: Leftovers Empty
PostSubject: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 am

Tabby has come up with a wonderful idea to put all them groceries you are going to throw out come PCS time to good use. We will be collecting unused pantry items, toiletries, baby food, etc to redistribute to E4 and below families who are in need or just moving here and needing some help getting started. If you have any items you would like to donate or would like to help out you can e-mail me or Tabby. We can arrange to meet or come and pick it up.

Thanks in Advance!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:55 am

That is a wonderful idea! That would be a nice program for all bases to have. I wonder what would have to be done to get a program like that implemented.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:08 pm

it would take volunteers and such... I was thinking about it and after we get it going here, I have to make some calls I will call around to the other bases and see about starting it elsewhere... I'll update y'all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Kimmy

Kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Nice count me in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks! We could use the help!
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:12 am

Just wanted to let everyone know that so far I have made 4 collections of babyfood for our cause! If you are an RYS frequenter (like me lol) and happen to see someone giving away free food, ask for it!

Im meeting with a lady named Sugin Musgrave soon who is the CEO and founder of Operation We Do Care. She is also a childrens author! She has volunteered to help us get this ball rolling!

Im so excited and I really want this idea to be a success. Thank you Kristin for all your help and for posting. And thank all of you for volunteering! Ill keep you posted on any updates and in the meantime, just repost on your Facebooks and etc and get the word out and start collecting! You dont even have to limit it to food and toiletries, just whatever you are offered and have room for until we get a central location lined up!

Have a great weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:01 am

Hey Tabby... are you going to be at the FRG meeting tonight? Jake said it's a meet and greet for Cpt. Hines, I'm going and would like to talk to you... I keep hitting brick wall after brick wall with this whole thing and the one person I know could help isn't answering or returning my calls, ugh. They don't have any programs like this and haven't had one in 4 years or so. I'll tell you more at the meeting!
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:23 am

yes i am coming to the frg......what time and where? this is my first one!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 am

It's at 5:30 at the battery
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 am

happy saturday everyone!

i spoke with a wonderful lady yesterday who is just a walking book of knowledge! wow. i learned a lot! im so excited! im going to set up a facebook page soon for operation: leftovers. im going to need volunteers from all areas! Ill keep you all posted! this is going to get big, fast! so join in now!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tina M.

Tina M.

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:06 am

Great program ladies!! How about add in small applicance and dishes. I know I just bought some things that are 220 for our three yearshere and I won't be shipping them back when we move. It would be great to have a place to donate them and know they will be used by those who need them. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 am

OK, GREAT news! Ive set up a "Group" on Facebook for our Operation: Leftovers. I dont know how to send the link here though. lol So if you have a Facebook you can look for the group under "Operation: Leftovers". It has all the information under the "Info" tab and I also posted some discussion topics. Go check it out and SPREAD THE WORD! Weve got to get the word out to make the launch and the whole thing a success! Also, we are going to need POC's at different locations who can volunteer to receive/pick up donations and store them until we get a centralized location for everything. Ill be getting in touch with as many people as possible this upcoming week to try and get more established. But for now, garages and extra space in homes is a great place to start! Ya gotta start somewhere, right!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend! Oh, I also set up an email addy for *myself* as a POC here on Vogelweh Housing. When we get POC's elsewhere we can set up other emails as well. operationleftoversvog@yahoo.com

Tabby

PS-If all else fails in looking for the group, look for me and send a friend request and mention you are from here. Ill add you and you can find the link thru me. Smile (Tabby Roberts)
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 am

happy sunday everyone,

mine has not started out great. had to forego church this morning b/c my oldest is very sick. Sad im not feeling so hot either. but moms dont have time to be sick, right lol

operation: leftovers is off to a slow start. but my hubby has been in graf for the past week and will be there till mid week this week. so theres only been so much i can do seems how i have a teething 8 month old, a drama queen 10 year old and a lazy 17 year old lol

hopefully things will move forward in the coming week. im not giving up!!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 am

awww sorry I haven't been of much help... things have been crazy around here too, it seems when they leave is when everything falls apart! Hope it get's better... couple more days! Yay! Oh and lol my hubby broke his phone... DARN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 pm

My husband just got back from 2 weeks in the States 2 days ago and left for Graf this morning and will be gone over a month. At this point all I want is a nap!
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 am

girl i feel your pain. i told my hubby when he gets back today he better take some leave because im going to hibernate for a few days lol
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

Ok those of you who offered to help out.............I need someone who can make a pick up of donations Saturday. She said she has some dishes and flatware and I think some pantry items. Youll also need to take a box, she didnt have one. Just take whatever you think you can store or what someone might need. If you are available please PM me and Ill send you the address. I believe its in the Ramstein area. I would make the pick up but Im already making a few others and my garage door is broken at the moment. It wont open! Maintenance said they couldnt come fix it till Tuesday! Yuk!

Im getting a lot of response off of RYS where I continuously post. Smile My hubster got back yesterday so since hes the one who knows everyone Im hoping we can get a room soon somewhere!
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am

**correction** its in the landsthul area
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

bev :o)

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:34 am

Hi Tabby!
I just became a member on Operation: leftovers on fb and made a post on my page to share Surprised) I'd like to help with the baumholder area if you need someone Surprised)
bev
Back to top Go down
tabby

tabby

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:38 am

thanks bev, thats awesome! any way that you want to help, feel free. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Leftovers   Operation: Leftovers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation: Leftovers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Kaiserslautern :: Local Events-
Jump to: