Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello from Kusel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JSZ1968

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi all. My name is Jason and I got her on 11 January. My wife Kathy and daughters, Elise (11) & Madeline (7) are still in the States while the girls finish up the school year. So, I got the dubious honor of being advance party! I found a great house in Kusel. It's a 17th century barn that was converted to a house about 10 years ago. All I need is a vat of boiling oil and I'm ready to defend my castle.

I work on ROB which amazes the folks in my unit that I drive all the way from Kusel. It's only 25 minutes so I don't know what the big deal is. I think some of them have just been in Germany too long and forget about some of the work drives back in the States.

I think this website is a great idea and hope that being a man won't be held agaisnt me!

Jason
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Jason, my hubby works on ROB as well, we live out by Ramstein and it's a 15-20 min drive, I don't think it's too bad, we use to have to drive 65 mile to get to town back home, lol. I believe Bev lives in Kusel as well but her hubby is stationed in baumholder!. And you aren't the only guy, there are a couple on here as well and we welcome you!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Tina M.

Tina M.

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 am

Welcome Jason!! My hubby is on ROB as well. We just found a house in Helsterberg and our drive is about 15-20 mins to post. Your house sounds great! I hope that your family enjoys it. This has been a great group. I have been here a month and everyone has been friendly and helpful. Hope you find it the same.

Tina
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Welcome! We are in Baumholder, just 15 minutes or less from Kusel. Will your children go to school at Ramstein or here in Baumholder since it is closer?
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

bev :o)

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 am

Hi Jason & Welcome to KUSEL!!!!!!!

Isn't this town AMAZING! My hubby works in baumholder as Kristen meantioned, if you need anything just let us know. If you are familier with the location of the Statwerke, we live back in that neighborhood. Pretty soon this town will be full of life with festivals, soccer games etc. We have lived here for 4yrs. Oh fyi--the Fundgrube has some great deals. Its a lot like a family dollar store. We always go there first for plants, flowers, gardening stuff Surprised), bags of potatoes, paint, party stuff. they also sell toys, food(though depending on what it is whether we buy that, home decor and other random items. No worries about the guy thing, my husband doesnt have his own account here, but he is always an ear shot away lending his two cents....lol Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Kusel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kusel   Hello from Kusel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kusel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: