Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

A vent, though it does not make it better...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

A vent, though it does not make it better... Empty
PostSubject: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 am

It is one of those days, I am feeling extremely isolated... it is hard to make new friends because I am not sure who to trust, or who is going to have a personality that will click with me! I am very opinionated/outspoken not everyone is like that or knows how to react to me! The wives I see around here are either so young (like the age of my oldest 18, 19, or so) or older, or we have NOTHING in common. I love my kids, but I prefer to do things WITHOUT my kids, I need adult time. I don't "party", or go clubbing, I rarely drink, but more and more I find myself glued to the computer waiting for my Stateside friends to come online. I am the type of person that NEEDS friends, and all of my best friends are in the States and communication is sooo difficult! Now to top off my feelings of isolation my husband is leaving for the States this weekend for a few weeks, comes home and I swear IMMEDIATELY leaves for Graff for a bit over a month! I know it is nothing close to what a deployment is like, but when you know absolutely no one it makes it so much harder...
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 am

I have no kids and am a bit closer to your age, 27 and also am very opinionated and don't know how to keep my mouth shut, my friends appreciate this fact but it does make it hard to make new friends. I have been here over a year and made 1 girl friend but she moved stateside back in oct. *tear*. I agree that you need adult time... we don't club but we do go play pool but pretty much just stay home, which suck for me cause I am very outgoing and love to go go go... so I totally get where you are coming from... at least you have some kids in your house to make noise, lol all i got is my doggies and they pretty much just sleep, lazy bums!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:06 am

Ah, the kids... well... not the same. What makes it harder is I still do not have my licence! I was going to get it yesterday but the testing room was full and 20+ people walked away because they could not test! So while he is gone I am stuck till I get the licence done (Tuesday hopefully). I met a girl there, but she is 19 (the same age as my son!). She is nice, but OMG the generation gap! She was still talking about high school drama, granted it was still fresh for her (last year), but not like I can relate... ya know? Baumholder is just too small! Also, I live off post, and I NEVER see my neighbors, if I do they say hi and move on quickly...
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:41 am

hmmm... come to think of it I have never even met our neighbors, we only have one... I've tried talking to the local people but I think they think I have the plague of something, so I found ti best to just stay in the house. I get the age gap, my 10 year H.S. reunion is coming up... ughh has it really been that long! The license thing sucks, at least it will give you time to study. My hubby is in the field right now, has been for about a few weeks/month, I really don't know how long, it feels like forever... anyways he still has to be out there till the 18th, I think - it changes daily - then they come back for like a week and leave again for Graf.... this is the worst time of year, they are constantly going. I'd tell you it get's easier but I'd be lying... it seems that just when you do make friends they PCS, move or divorce, lol. Thank God for the internet and unlimited calling to the states!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 am

No kidding!!! Maybe we should start an "Outspoken Wives" club! I might be able to talk Jeff into going to Ramstein tomorrow if he does not have to leave for the States... but I think he may be leaving tomorrow *sniff*. I will have a vehicle, a GPS, and no licence to use either, lol. Do I have to be on the German registration to use it and get gas?? He says I can't get on either till I have a licence, and can I go ahead and get that done (registration, gas ration card) when he is gone with no POA?
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:50 am

My hubby had me on both before I got my license so I don't see why not.. outspoken wives club, lol I like that. How far is Baumholder from Ramstein? Maybe while he's gone we could get together... my hubby will be gone as well, I have a GPS but that doesn't prevent me from getting lost, lol.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:55 am

Another issue is time... he has been so busy lately we have not had time to do it... and you know how misinformation can be around here on can do's and can't do's... he is probably going off what someone else says or assumptions. We usually can get to Ramstein in 30 minutes or less. It is about 30 km from here (not too shabby!).
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:11 am

misinformation in the military, no way, lol.... it happens all too often! 30 mins isn't bad, sounds like a decent road trip! lol
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am

It is worth it! I am a fun person! geek
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 am

My favorite kinda person, lol... sounds good, I'm pretty much free most of the time, but NOT a morning person, lol.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:47 am

It is all good because I prefer to spend my mornings drinking coffee and preparing to be awake for the day... usually by 10:30 or 11 I am good to go!
Back to top Go down
Tina M.

Tina M.

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:28 am

Laura, you have a 19 yr old? Me too!! We have been here a month and I have only met one person. I haven't even met any of the wives from the unit. Like you I speak my mind and I am sure I have offended people more than once by doing it. We are moving into our house next week and it is in the middle of nowhere so I know my chances of making friends my neighbors isn't probably going to happen. The lady that lives in our downstairs is 80 and only speaks german. I don't think she is going to intereted in hanging out with me. I have my license, but my car isn't here yet. We have a rental that hubby uses to get back and forth to work. I am so ready to have friends to hang out with. I am too soical for my own good. LOL I love to shop, travel and scrapbook. It would be great to make some friends that I can do those things with. There is a good chance my hubby will be gone for 6 months and I don't want to be a hermit in my house!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:00 am

Looks like there is another member of the outspoken wives club! We should definatly get together! I am about to get ready to go to Ramstein right now with my hubby if he ever gets off of the computer... we need to get a few things before he leaves tomorrow (3am Shocked ). If any of you are there and see me stop me and say HI! What a Face I will be wearing all black (boots, jeans, lacy shirt). We will be at the PX and possibly the commissary. Idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A vent, though it does not make it better...   A vent, though it does not make it better... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A vent, though it does not make it better...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Venting and Prayer :: Venting-
Jump to: