Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

BooKoo/ RYS

Go down 
+2
miahsgrl
Kimmy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmy

Kimmy

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Ok I would like to know why people get so offended on this site-Bookoo/RYS. It is a giant YARD SALE website, haggling comes with the word YARD SALE. So if your price is 50 and I don't think it is worth that much I will shoot you an email and offer you 40. The thing is, you can say "No thank you, but if I have problems selling it I will let you know". You would think that would be proper etiquette when it comes to this website and you are trying to sell something. NO people on this site get offended because I offer you a lower price than what you are asking. If you want to own a boutique then by all means do it. Kudos to you. But don't take offense when someone outside your house thinks you SHIT is not worth the 1000 dollars that you think it is worth in your head. Sorry but it is so annoying to talk to, email to and listen to rude people. Didn't your parents teach you any etiquette growing up? Can I get an amen Question
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:26 pm

I SO agree with you, I dont understand first of all why people price things so high on there anyway, it is suppose to be like a yard sale! and if I dont think it is worth that price then I will offer lower as well, I dont understand people on there either, They can be so rude!
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 pm

I agree w/ u ladies, there is some ill mannered people on rys and this is a yardsale haggling in a friendly manner is part of it. there are a couple things that get me.

* First let me say, I am all for a bargain and some of the prices on rys just make me laugh, I cant believe the prices...okay so anyway....lol

people who want a lower price, then cant meet u anywhere and want u to deliver it to them for free of charge.(i am mainly talking about items that I have sold for under 5 dollars to FREE! Oh and so you do all this and then the people ARENT HOME!!!!!! I call them and get the oh this was today, well I am out shopping we'll have to meet another day. Yikes! let me tell ya, Gas isnt cheap nor is my time. I just dont understand. I have bought quite a bit as well and make every effort to meet people, if not drive to their home and pick up.

the other thing that gets me is the bickering back and forth between seller/buyers on the site. (i myself havent personally had this happen to me) but I certainly dont like reading about it as a post.

the last thing that annoys me is the overposting...today i think i saw 12 postings of cleaning services. yikes! okay, so I am all done venting....thanks for listening to me ramble farao
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Agree   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:04 pm

I completely agree with the over posting, A guy last night posted about needing something 12 times!!! I worte him an email and very kindly asked him to remove them so over people had the chance, and he was nice about it and did remove all but 4 of them, nice doesn't happen often on there, lol
I would have to say I have never had a problem with someone not being home, but with not showing up when we agree to meet....ahhhh....so irritating! I even give my cell phone number in case they can't show up or are going to be late, and they dont even call. So anymore unless I am just goling to be on base for some reason, I ask that they come to my house to pick it up! This site is going downhill because of people like that! I was also told I am not suppose to sell anything to german people, and yet I would have to say they make up at least 50-75% of the people on there!
Back to top Go down

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm

really? I didnt know about not selling to germans. 1/2 the people I buy and sell from are german.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:13 pm

I'll give you a big Ol' AMEN to that! I have been ripped off more times then not from that site. I bought a King size bed from a guy recently and he offered to deliver, great by me, and the pics looked awesome. I asked him what condition it was in and his reply "good". To me good is no major flaws, maybe minor chips in the paint but little things. This also came with the mattresses, I would prefer it not to but he tells me they are good and so forth so I thought what the heck, I can just buy new ones and throw them out or get covers and use them as spares (it's 2 twin size mattress for the king). K well the guy delivers it and I saw it and was like OMG what the heck... but being the nice and naive person I am I'm like it's a good deal might as well and I hate saying no, especially since he brought it too me) The mattresses are 2 different heights, look like they are as old as the bed (it's from the 70's - he left that out) the beds paint is peeling badly, the lights don't work and to top it off the bottom that holds the slats in place had been "repaired" now he told me this but also said that it was better then new... right, it broke the first night.... thank god we have multiple beds but we totally got owned on this one... and all for the price of 175 euros. I tried to contact the guy but it was over a week till I found him, lost the e-mails and so forth then decided to say to heck with it. We'll just buy a new one and chop this up a a learning experience! K so there is my vent... on a positive note I have found some awesome people on that site and amazing deals!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
miahsgrl

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Wow   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

That is horrible! I am sorry that happened to you! I just bought a chair off of someone the other day and the pics well they looked better than it did in person, but I bought it anyway, it was cheap and like you said after I say I will buy it I hate to say no! The description wasen't right but oh well! Smile

Last edited by miahsgrl on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
htasha76

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 am

I have bought a toddler car seat from someone, it said smoke and pet free home, Eddie Bauer, $50 my husband picked it up, he came home with the car seat smelling like cat pee and cat hair was all over it, after washing it 3 times it still smelled like cat pee, I was so mad at this women, and I complained to her, she didn't even write me back instead her husband wrote why did you take it if you didn't like it, I mean come on we all know how guys are, mine at least never checks out that kinda stuff if I ask him to pick something up.....very disappointed.....I came to terms , if people want to have an item, they have to pick it up at my house, I had been waiting so many times in Ramstein with no one showing up... the same at my house but at least I'm not wasting my gas going there than....
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Yuck   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 am

Yuck, I am so sorry this happened, how gross. And no men dont think about that, they just pick it up and go, lol, I agree I would rather be waiting at home all day then out waiting, at least I am not wasting gas!
Back to top Go down
maddysgurl

maddysgurl

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: I AGREE 100%   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 pm

I think it's the same way with ALL the BOOKOO sites !!! I have had people RIP me off on here, they would give me a sad soppy story about why they NEEDED the baby clothes I was selling or whatever the case may be...and beg me to MPS it to them and they would pay me on pay day...wtf ever, never again....they end up claiming the money got lost in the mail or they never got the items...whatever, a total learning experience!!!! And I have had people say they want something or would like to meet up..and end up not showing up...ugghhh...oh and the worst thing that's happened to me yet...I drove an hour and a half out of my way one day to go to another post to pick up some carseats I was buying (the lady claimed she had them on hold for me) I called her before I left to make sure she would be there, and everything seemed good to go....I get there, the address I was given was a run-around...finally located her actual appartment, and she wasn't there...nor would she answer her phone....finally once I got back home, it was posted that the carseats were "sold"...ugghhh and to make matters worse, she never bothered to email me or even have the respect to say sorry or anything for that matter!!!! I mean, if she wasn't going to be there when I got there or hold them for me....why have me drive that far out for nothing!!!!! (she knew how far I had to drive...so that wasn't an excuse) I swear it never fails to amaze me how rude people are!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dana_wilson3
Kimmy

Kimmy

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:33 am

Wow that sucks. I would have been super pissed if I spent that much time driving. I guess if we all don't let the bitterness consume us we can still be the buyer's and seller's that don't make or create these problems. I say to hell with rude people don't let them make us less of a human being because they decided to be that way, smile and move on. If they act that way to a complete stranger than think about how miserable their lives must be. Sad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BooKoo/ RYS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BooKoo/ RYS   BooKoo/ RYS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BooKoo/ RYS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Venting and Prayer :: Venting-
Jump to: