Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello Everyone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johnost

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 am

I'm Retired Army and currently the Marketing Director for Army Fisher Houses. I want to thank Kristin for the invitation to join.

I was stationed in Germany for 12 years and spent 1 week of every month TDY in Italy for 2 years.

I still go to Germany TDY (as a DA Civilian), I'll be there June 24 - 30 (may take leave and stay longer) this year at Landstuhl.

I highly recommend getting out and enjoying it while you can, travel to as many countries as you can. I toured Europe by motorcycle (12 countries) and stayed in campgrounds and guest houses. If you go to Spain avoid where all the other Americans go and travel a little further south, I stayed at a campground called El Globo Roho north of Arenys de Mar, Spain, I was the first American to stay there, met some great people from Netherlands and Spain and had a wonderful time. If you don't want to drive consider getting a Eurail Pass and going that way, we had taken trips where you slept on the train at night and toured towns the next day.

If you're in the KMC, Landstuhl, Ramstein area and want to volunteer check out the Landstuhl Fisher Houses.

If you're new to Germany try and get into a language class.

Europe can be a great experience if you get out and enjoy it.

John
Back to top Go down
http://www.armyfisherhouses.org
bev :o)

bev :o)

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 am

Welcome Johnost-

Thanks for the tips on places to stay while traveling.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 am

Thanks John, I'm really glad you made it to the site and for all the valuable information. I hope you stick around so we may "pick" your brain as I'm sure you will be very beneficial to the site! Once again Thank you and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: