Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Working In GERMANY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Well I think this would be good for all the different posts. I was wondering what it was like Working In Germany? How hard is it to find a job. Do they accept degrees from the U.S. Things like that. Im really curious as to finding out if I will be able to work. And IF there is childcare while you work? thanks.
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:28 pm

they do take degrees from the US. depending on the type of job your looking for, will determain how hard it will be to find a job, however u will get put into a category if u select it known as "spousal preferance" which those applications will be looked at first before all others for the job. Surprised) there is care w/ the cdc that is open from 6am-6pm. I personally have one I can recommend, but i will message u that one. I used to work at one.
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 pm

I Graduated College as a Medical Assitant and I was going to take a 3 day course for Phlebotomy. but for now I just have my Medical Assiant & EKG done.
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 am

I'll get the exact job site that you can start looking at for job openings at the clinic, there is the Landstuhl hospital which is like 45min. away as well. I had a couple parents work there,however keep in mind if weather is black in baumholder, it might be amber in landstuhl and they still expect ya to try and get to work. I'll find out more about the Dispensary Clinic for ya though Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am

That I am no good at either, I got frustrated beyond belief looking for work, but I do know there is a career fair on Tuesday and people have said they can hire right on the spot there!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:44 am

Hi laura,
great photos...is that Nanstein in Landstuhl or Burg Lichtenburg?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:47 am

Burg Lichtenberg Very Happy We were there a few weeks ago! I had fun but swore we needed to go back when the beer garden is open, just takes a few minutes to drive there, so why not??
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 am

I love this castle!!!! I live about 5minutes from there in Kusel. A friend of mine is getting married there on the 6th of March. Surprised) Oh during the summer they have fesitvals there, which then they charge a small fee, but its really neat to be a part of. I want to see the Idar-Oberstein castle, but not in this weather :O) Too many stairs and I am very prone to fallin' on my tush...lol
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am

Idar-Oberstein is on my "to do" list. As is Trier, but I am going to an antique sale today so my plans for Trier are postponed. Maybe we should plan a trip together??? Sightseeing is always more fun with company!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 am

yeah that would be fun! Antique sale? Oh inquiring minds have to ask, where? Oh wait, this is why I am on rys...no bev, no more stuff...oh okay okay, where, pls do tell Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am

It is in Eßweiler. The sale today is for customers only, but they are having the same thing next weekend open to the public. I got in on the "customer only" sale on a fluke! If you want more info I can give it to you when I get back and tell you what they have there... maybe even have some pics!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:14 am

yeah I'd love to hear about when ya get back. thanks When the weather gets better,Homburg will start their outdoor fleamarkets! This thing is huge, about as big as the ones in Frankfurt
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Oh it was LOVELY!!! I got a Victorian dining table with a crank to open and close it for the leaf, Belgian chairs for the table, and an English sideboard... I will post pics later after I have posted them on my facebook!

They had so much stuff there, but I swear it was colder inside than out. It is not very kid friendly, so we left our kids at home (it helps having an 18 year old son). Lots of rooms with LOTS of beautiful things!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 pm

omg, that sounds like a great place to go. This would be a great day trip for anyone interested. How far is it from baumholder?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 pm

About 11 miles I think. Here is the flyer http://www.schoolhouse-antiques.com/WarehouseSaleAd.htm
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:05 pm

you ladies make me wanna be in Germany already i love old fashioned stuff. castles, ect. your making me excited to move out there haha
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 am

Oh you are going to love it here! I know a bunch of antique stores/flomarkets(germans outdoor garage sales) etc, when u get settled in let me know and I'll post on here that I'm going. Maybe we can all carpool or something Surprised) I'm a flomarket junkie...hehe
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

Ooooh! Count me in too!!! Please?? I loooove that kind of thing!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 am

Absolutely!!!! and anyone else who'd like to come Surprised) Haha..My hubby came from a family of anitque dealers, so he is up before I am ready to go... Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:43 am

Speaking of which I tried to post pics of my "new" furniture last night, but I was so tired and sore from a day of walking in high heeled boots (dumb I know, but I looked good as i limped!) that I had a beer. Coupled with my exhaustion I got buzzed fast and could not figure it out!
Now I do not want to deal with it, so here is a link to my facebook album, lol! https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=204739&id=577497626&l=761364d1fd
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:54 am

oh wow! your stuff is beautiful.....did u get carpets there as well? they are gorgeous. I have gotten a couple from the belgium store on rab,but i go when they are having euro for dollar Surprised) or sales
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:58 am

I went to the rug store on Ramstein, they are the Turkish rugs, and since we bought so many we got a deal!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:02 am

the one in the mall or the one by chilis? I will have to go check the one in the mall out Surprised) When my dog was potty training a couple got ruined so I need to replace some runners
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:05 am

The one in the mall. The guy there is very nice Very Happy he will help you look through every carpet if he has to in order to make sure you get what you want and are happy!
Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:08 am

oh wow! thanks so much Surprised) I'll check them out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Working In GERMANY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working In GERMANY   Working In GERMANY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working In GERMANY
Page 1 of 1