Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Ghent, Belgium

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bev :o)

bev :o)

Ghent, Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Ghent, Belgium   Ghent, Belgium Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm

So about a year ago in June, my husband and I went to Ghent, Belgium. It is a great place to visit. We stayed at the Ibis. which just to warn ya, the rooms are small..however the best were so comfy, the rooms were clean, and okay so the showe was tiny too..haha but it all got the job done and for 50euros a night...it was a steal! plus there was underground parking for i think 10euros a day. We walked around the town, which reminded us of Rothenburg Ober Tauber. Cobblestone roads, small rivers running throughout the town(during the summer bands create stages over the water and perform). My husband loved the beer. For every different type of beer, there was its own designated glass. I am not a beer person, but those crossants were Fabulous!!!! On the sunday we were there they had a Flomarket (aka garage sale) in the center of town and were selling all kinds of antiques, pets, etc. We went to a castle there which had a dungeon and was about 5euros. We got lots of great pics. We werent too far from other large cities, but were only there for the weekend and ran out of time Surprised)
Back to top Go down

Ghent, Belgium
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Trips to take :: 4-Day trips-
Jump to: