Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

A little intro about myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ski

Ski

A little intro about myself Empty
PostSubject: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am

Hi

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Samantha, I am from England. I moved to Vilseck last August with my husband who is American. I work as a clothing developer at Puma in Germany but had our daughter in December so am on maternity leave for 3 years. I would love to meet some other people in the area since we live of post and I really dont know anyone around here, only in Nurnberg. I would love to go for coffee, food, seeing new places etc. I am looking forward to finding out more about this site.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 am

there are several ladies on here from the same area as you who are looking to meeting new people... we are planning get togethers you should def. join in on them there is a category for them, check it out! Glad to have you here!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
KOLSweetie

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 am

Samantha I am from England too!!!Hubby is prior Air Force but we are now Army and stationed in Baumholder which unfortunately is the other side of Germany to you.We have been here 2.5 years and PCS in 2011
Ally
x
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi Ally

cool, my husband is ex air force as well but now army. Shame you are so far over the other side of Germany,
How is Baumholder? I kind of miss speaking English a bit. We are always laughing about how different English and American Engish are. Do you get home much?

I have been living in Germany since 2007 but only got married last year so the American army and culture are really new for me. I am more use to German than American since I use to work with mainly Germans and English people. I am gradually getting use to it though. Did you find it all quite different from England?
Back to top Go down
KOLSweetie

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:17 pm

It is different.I have been around Americans so much now that you kind of get used to their culture and way of life.I havent lived in England since 2006.I miss it terribly.I have several Brit friends here though.if you are ever so inclined to come down this way stop by for a cuppa...long way for tea i know.Also they have a brit shop here at ramstein..if you need anything I can MPS it for you.
Baumholder is.....well I am not keen on the post.I cannot stand stairwell living but I have made some excellent lifelong friends here.how about you?do you like Vilseck?If anyone has facebook find me as Alison Martin-Helander
Ally
x
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

lol a good old English cuppa..I will do if I am ever across your way.

We have a Brit shop in Nurnberg (a German one 1 hour away) so I get some things from there but its super expensive 7 euros or somthing like that for some Branston pickel, and 4 euro for a jar of Korma. My parents and friends post us quite a bit over and my brother is based up north (English soldier) so when I see him he brings pies and WKD down from the Naffi lol.

I live off post so I have basically nothing to do with it apart from get shopping & cadburys chocolate. My German land lady and her family are fab and the Germans on the steet are really nice to, everyone knows everyone in the German community here as its so small and most have lived here all their lives. If you like farms and sleepy vilages thats Vilseck.

I have added you to FB
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

hey Ski, dont know if you saw my message on the other page. We live off post as well. We are stationed at Graf but live in Hirschau. Where do you live off post? We should def meet up sometime. We are due with our first, a boy, in May and are also here until hopefully 2014. It would be great to make a friend that wont be leaving so long before we do. Let me know. I also have facebook. the email is valarieyoung@live.com
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 am

Hi

lol I'm Sam, Ski is more of my husbands nick name. I live in Vilseck village but I know where Hirschau is. There is a car boot sale there in the summer I wanted to check out but never got around to it.

Well I have been bowling but more just for fun, I did say to Chris that we should go at some point.

Well I go through to Amberg quite a bit since my bank and womans doctor are there. I have my own car so I can go anywhere really. Is there much in Hirschau, I drove thorugh there once on a spontanious drive out one sunday but we didnt see much.

I will add you to facebook and we should meet up. I think I will be going to a baby flee market on the 27th Feb in Graf off post if you fancy a look and then maybe go for some food after. Anyone else that wants to come is also more than welcome.

Sam
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 am

Sounds great. I am down to check out anything baby. So let me know when and where and I will be there. I only bowl for fun, I am terrible at it lol. My husband bowls for league though but still bowls just for fun with me when I want to go. There isnt much going on in Hirschau in the winter but come summer there is Monte Kaolino. They have swimming and snadboarding and all kinds of things for the family to do. We live like 2 km from there. We only have one car right now, our truck is in the process of shipment so I will be so greatful when it gets here and can go all the time. How can I find you on facebook?
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 am

Hi
added you now to FB

Here is the info on the flee market we could meet at 12.30 if you like out side....

Baby/Children - Second hand market
27 Feb: Saturday, 1 - 3p.m., early entrance for pregnant women at noon. Location: Grafenwoehr, Jugendheim, Kolpingstrasse 4 (across from the Catholic Church, close to Gate 1.) Hosted by the Catholic Church Grafenwoehr.
250 different vendors with items for boys and girls alike, ages 0 – 14 years. Infant-basics, shoes, stroller, car-seats, toys, maternity-clothes, and much more.

Also just seen Wednesday nights are womans nights at vilseck bowling centre between 6 and 10 woman bowl free. Maybe we could do that one evening, will check if you have to take husbands with or if we could arange a girls night where husband look afer the children if the other woman from graf or vilseck are up for it. Other wise I knolw Chris would like to come so we would be bringing Emily.

Sam
Back to top Go down
mommy2b

mommy2b

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 am

Thanks for the info on the baby market. I talked to my husband and we are def going to go so he will be there as well. I would love to meet up with you there.

We have been to ladies night bowling at Vilseck and it is totally free except you have to pay for bowling shoes. You dont have to have your husband there either but if you want they could def come and your little girl could come to. My husband has hockey practice on Wednesday evenings and Im not sure for how much longer. We only have one car right now so it may be a little complicated for us to coordinate but I will def try. Let me talk to him and see when he is done with hockey practice and I will let you know. Maybe I could at least come for a little bit. Sucks with only one car sometimes lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little intro about myself   A little intro about myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little intro about myself
Page 1 of 1