Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hi ya'll!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Texan83

Texan83

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 am

Hello,

My name is Crystal (26); my husband (24) and I just got to Ramstein one month ago. I am a native Texan and he is from California, but we came from Moody AFB in GA. I used to be active duty as well, but after four great years of service I was medically discharged, so now I am a dependent. I am now going to school full time, and hopefully I can get a decent part time job on base. We found a house in Horbach, which is a little further than most go but it is well worth it. I can not get over how beautiful it is here! And I am from south Texas (Houston area) so I have never seen snow. We actually got here on Jan 13th which was the day of that snow storm. I loved it!! (Of course that was before we got a house and had to shovel all of that lovely snow! lol) We do not have any children yet. But that does not mean I don't love kids; I am actually going to school to become a elementary teacher and I can't wait to start! Anyway, that is just a little about me. Looking forward to getting to know ya'll!

I am just so glad there is a site dedicated to living in Germany. Thanks Kristin for the awesome idea!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CrystalDawnArnolts
hispeaceinthedisaster

hispeaceinthedisaster

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am

hello there. i just thought i would say hello from one South Texan to another. me and my family are from Clute. what about you?
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

No problem... thanks y'all for all the support! Wow there are quite a few ladies here from Texas! Although it's easy to figure out who's from Texas... keyword "y'all" lol... Well welcome and I hope you enjoy the site!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Texan83

Texan83

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 am

Hi "hispeace"! You are actually pretty close to where I grew up, Richmond. We loved Freeport. Our aunt and uncle would take us there every Summer!

Kristin: Thank you! I am definitely lovin' it so far!
Back to top Go down
Mommy Jackie

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

Woohoo another Texan, lol - this is crazy how many are from Texas here Smile I am from the DFW area....how do you like Elem Ed - I thought about studying that as well, well when I was in school...after kids and marriage I am finally going back fall 2010 Smile
Back to top Go down
Texan83

Texan83

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Jackie!

I like the school I am going to. It is called Western Governors University (WGU) and it is an online school (which is the only online school that is NCATE certified I might add!) I am still doing the basics, so it is a little boring at the moment, but next year I will be starting the "real courses" so I am excited.

It is so good to see so many Texans! Yay! cheers
Back to top Go down
renaeb21

renaeb21

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi Crystal! I live in Horbach too!! Yup it's further than most folks seem to want to go but it's so quaint and beautiful here! Have you moved into your house yet?

I also used to be active duty, but I got out of my own accord--I only wanted the GI Bill to pay for college. Smile

If you're ever bored during the day and want to meet up, let me know! I do have kids...but one is in school all day.
Back to top Go down
Texan83

Texan83

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Renae!

Oh that is awesome that you live in Horbach too- and prior military! Woot! lol- I joined mainly for the GI Bill as well, and it is definitely helping right now.

Yes, we are in the house, but because we live on one of the streets on a hill, the movers had to wait until the snow melted a little on the roads before they were able to bring us our household goods. So, we are in the process of unpacking (which is always fun).

Ya, we will definitely have to meet up one day. How long have you been in Germany?
Back to top Go down
renaeb21

renaeb21

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm

We got here on Christmas Eve of 2009...so I'm a newbie too! We didn't get into our house until Feb. 1, but we are still unpacking as well....it's just proving more difficult than I thought to find a place for everything since these German houses have no closets or storage!

I live on the main street, which is nice in terms of it being pretty clear even on snowy days, but then we have a lot more traffic in front of our house which isn't so great.

Maybe I'll see you at the bakery one of these days. Those things are addictive!
Back to top Go down
Texan83

Texan83

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 am

Ya, living on the main street definitely has its advantages during the winter. The plows can't make it up our hill so we are left to fend for our selfs. It wouldn't be so bad, but my husband has not got his winter tires for his truck yet, so it is fun trying to drive on an unplowed road. We also just got our first trash pick up since we moved in, wooohoo! lol it's the little things in life.

And yes! About the closets! I really didn't realize how big of an impact it would on us to not have them. I am actually going to the bx today to buy some clothes racks.

I have not been to the bakery in town yet. I tried walking there one day, but they are only open from 0600-1200. I will probably be in there this weekend. We are going to need some energy b/c we are going to try and tackle the unpacking. *sigh*

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi ya'll! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ya'll!   Hi ya'll! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi ya'll!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: