Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello everyone..... :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
renaeb21

renaeb21

Hello everyone..... :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 am

My name is Renae, and we got here on Christmas Eve...so we're pretty new! I was toying with the idea of starting a ladies' meetup/friendship/fun group, and then Kristin posted the link to this forum....perfect!

Hubby has been in the AF for 15 years, so we're not new to moving around and being the new folks in town, but this is our first European tour. We were stationed in Okinawa several years ago and I have to say "integrating" here has been much more difficult. I'm not sure why....maybe living off base in all these separate little villages makes it more difficult to meet people? I think Oki is a little more Americanized as well, so the culture shock isn't as great.

Anyway, I have 2 daughters, ages 8 and 4. I am currently staying at home but am actively looking for work/interviewing on base...I think I'll go nuts sitting around the house here. Smile

I would love to form a group that meets up on a semi-routine basis for some friendship, chitchat, etc. An adults-only would be ideal, but I'm open to forming a playgroup as well.
Back to top Go down
Mommy Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:01 am

Hi - nice to meet you!!! Where are you stationed - so sorry I might have totally missed that? Smile I have a 4 year old daughter, as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 am

Hi Renae! So glad you joined us here... if there is any other areas you would like me to add... just let me know and I'd be happy to do that!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
renaeb21

renaeb21

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 am

Doh! I forgot to post where we are stationed! Sorry....we're assigned to Ramstein, but our village is actually closer to Vogelweh.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 am

lol we are stationed at ROB but live 5k from Ramstein!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone..... :)   Hello everyone..... :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone..... :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: