Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Amsterdam, Netherlands Empty
PostSubject: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:36 pm

So last Dec. we took a weekend trip to Amsterdam. We stayed at the Apple Inn. I would recommend everyone go and visit there at least once while you are in this area. It is a 4 hour drive so not too far. I would also say that it would be smart to stay near downtown, the hotels are a bit pricey but it is worth it as you will spend just as much on taxi rides. The entire city is full of culture, art and history. It is my favorite place, we will be visiting every year even after we leave. The food is good and the people are really friendly, we got drug into a family snowball fight, I was used as a human shield and my husband was hit by several snowballs.

so if you get the chance... go visit, it will be worth it, just make sure you save for it as it's easy to go broke, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 am

I have heard some bad stuff about Amsterdam & you have just reassured me that its a wonderful place. DH & I will definately be going there for a vacation while out in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:51 am

It's like most big cities it has it's rough parts but we didn't encounter any trouble and hubby has been several times! It is def. a mind trip as in it will BLOW your mind at the way they are so OPEN with everything... the prostitutes in the windows, billboards promoting all kinds of stuff, posters they don't hide anything, lol but it really is an amazingly cultured place and it is pretty much like that all over the Netherlands! The museums are awesome! You will def. love it! like I said we will be going back even after we PCS to the states! I'd move there if I could!
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 am

Well ive always thought open minded people are great, lol. So i assume they dont have any shame in anything lol, well thats different lol. but sounds like a trip worth while.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:21 am

yeah no shame... you should see their port-a-johns... literally a curtain if that the men have urinals outside... it's like a squareish shape with 4 urinals around it... you can't see their front but you know what their doing... it cracked me up! I guess they figure they are gonna do it anyways so may as well give them a place, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amsterdam, Netherlands   Amsterdam, Netherlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Trips to take :: 4-Day trips-
Jump to: