Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

The Titanic Exhibit in Wiesbaden was great!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bev :o)

bev :o)

The Titanic Exhibit in Wiesbaden was great! Empty
PostSubject: The Titanic Exhibit in Wiesbaden was great!   The Titanic Exhibit in Wiesbaden was great! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 am

Hi there everybody!

It has been a little while since I have been on, life has been busy! I wanted to pass along though that a few weeks ago my hubby and I drove to Wiesbaden which from k-town is like an hour, from bamberg about 2hrs, from baumholder 1hr and 20min,. In the Marketplatz(which I recommend parking in the Marktplatz parking) is the Traveling Titanic Exhibit. My husband and I are huge History buffs....not the kind that know everything, but the onest that just love it and soak it all up! anyway, you go and they mainly speak german, but do speak enough english to tell ya how much to pay and go this way to get your picture taken as if you were really going on the Titanic! Then who cares if they don't speak english because you get a headset IN YOUR LANGUAGE! As you pass each area it flips on and talks about what your seeing, there are artifacts from the ship, and it follows a true story from why it was built to that fateful night the world if very familiar with. There are stories I had never heard which goes along with items there. The whole inside is set up as if you are on the ship(note they dont move anything to make u feel sea sick or anything---so no worries there) It was a very moving and exciting place to visit. Plus, if you go on a Saturday Wiesbaden has their open market in the same location, so u get a 2 for one! They have yummy fresh produce, beautiful flowers and much more. We got there around 1100 so first picked up a bratwurst w/ brotchen and currywurst w/ brotchen and 2 drinks and voila had lunch. Then we went into the exhibit. At the end is a gift shop and restrooms. The cost was 11euros per adult and you are not allowed to take video or pictures inside, but we didnt care! at the end u can pay 5 euros for your photo u took at the beginning and they sold several postcards etc of the things you saw inside. So for directions: Simply plug in Wiesbaden (for the city), Marktplaz for the street and drive. When u approach your destination look for the signs for Markplatz parking. Once you park walk up the stairs or take the elevator(which fits like 5 people barley) and at the top you are there!

*note this exhibit is only here until the 1st of May !
Back to top Go down

The Titanic Exhibit in Wiesbaden was great!
Page 1 of 1