Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

I need a laundry shelf!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

I need a laundry shelf!! Empty
PostSubject: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

So I have been doing laundry all day... I was almost done, basically a bunch of white stuff and a few colored things left. I have my laundry in piles on the floor and go downstairs to throw new stuff in whenever I hear my washer beep at me (every few hours...) Sooooo.... here I am in my recliner (hubby has CQ, so lay claim to it tonight) and my oldest son asks me if I smell bleach.

Yes, I do... how strange...

I hear my washer beep... I go downstairs... the smell gets stronger...

Hmmm... odd....

I open my laundry room door...

OMFG MY EYES!!!!! Shocked

The smell and bleach fumes about killed me! Evidently the bleach bottle fell off of the washer mid spin at some point and the cap popped off... all over my clothes! Thank GOD they were almost all whites, I just had to throw away one hoodie and one thermal shirt. All of the bleach soaked whites went straight to the washer, and wow were they WARM!!

So yeah... I need a laundry shelf.
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Shocked Wow! Thank goodness it wasn't a pile of colors! That would have been a huge disaster! I'm sorry you ended up with a huge mess though! I had my own bleach accident a couple weeks ago. Nothing like yours, but DH ended up with a new work shirt because I accidentally dripped bleach on the old one when I was doing the whites! lol We have one of those wire carts to hold all of our laundry soap and stuff in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:10 pm

I am thinking this would be a good idea... and SOON!!! LOL, my eyes still burn!
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Oh man, is it caught up in your lungs too? I know when ever I am near a bunch of bleach the smell tends to feel like it is caught up in my lungs and I smell bleach for a little while after.
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Wow... I'm laughing, it's not funny but it is! That sucks! I had a bottle of laundry soap do that at my house in the states, liked to never get the soap out from under the washer/dryer and deep freezer, yeah it was one of them huge bottles and it completely emptied... now all cleaning products remain on the floor or very low shelf!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a laundry shelf!!   I need a laundry shelf!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a laundry shelf!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: General-
Jump to: