Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Help...AFN issue!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 am

Ok, today with the crazy wind, my AFN quit working! I dont know if the dish needs to be turned again or what but it is not working? Does anyone know what I should do?? Please help, lol, thanks in advance!

Amber
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

My cable went out earlier today, it was out for a few hours. I have TKS cable- EVERYTHING was out. Hope yours is back up and running now!
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: NO :(   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Mine is still out, I think I am gonna have to call someone tomorrow to come over and turn the dish again, I am guessing because of the wind it turned it? I dont know, but I am getting nothing! Hope yours is running now!?

Amber
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 am

A friend on Smith Barracks said she lost power for hours yesterday, my lights were just flickering here at Champion. Is your AFN back yet?
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: AFN   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:59 am

My power went out for 30 minutes yesterday, but the AFN is still not working! Sad
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:37 am

I would be going insane!!!! geek
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: LOL!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 am

I feel like I am! But it is making me do some things around the house i need to do, it just stinks, because I guess it is going to stay lke this till my husband gets home from deployment! Sad
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 am

The satellite??
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Yes   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:47 am

Yes my guess is that the sallelite needs to be turned back, I think the wind knocked it the wrong way?? But I dont who I could get to do that without paying alot of money, that I just dont have right now!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:49 am

Get someone to come over and either you or they turn it till the reception comes back in, check to make sure everything is hooked up and connected tightly... you don't have to wait for him or hire someone!
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: yes   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:50 am

That would be fine, but it on the top of my roof, so I wont be going up there! lol, I will try to find someone to help! thanks!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 am

I would help, but you are not close enough for me to walk to! I have no problem climbing on a roof!
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: lol   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:55 am

You are funny! Thank you for the offer, but no you are a little bit too far away! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
JOFTAA

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm

With as much wind as there was yesterday, I am nearly positive that your dish took a spin in the wrong direction.

Your receiver should have a place where you can check signal strength. See if you have any signal. My guess is that you don't.

Re-aiming the dish should fix you up. Since you have to have someone re-aim your dish, ask the person doing it if they can make it sturdier to withstand some additional heavy wind. Otherwise, you will be doing this again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eXtremeGossip.com
miahsgrl

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: thanks   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah I am just gonna get someone to come over and turn it and secure it better! That has to be what it is I have no signal strength! Thanks everyone for helping me out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help...AFN issue! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help...AFN issue!   Help...AFN issue! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help...AFN issue!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: General-
Jump to: