Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Any advice on CAMERAS?

Go down 
+2
Tina M.
bev :o)
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Any advice on CAMERAS? Empty
PostSubject: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:11 am

Hi Everyone afro

Okay so I had this really nice Kodak camera w/ great zoom,quality...yaddaah yaddah....yaddah...Well, it is now broken. Long story...let's just say just lotioned hands and moving a camera one handed...NOT SO BUENO! So anyway, I want to start taking really nice, more proffessional type photos. I really enjoy scrapbooking and taking pictures and I am in Europe after all....so I figure why not. But I have no clue as where to start. Nikkon, Cannon, Kodak???? Does price =quality or am I paying for name? Something else I would really like is to take pictures in the evening time..Ex. 4th of July. All my pics look like a blurry blob! I even put it on the night/firework settings. Any advice would be much appreciated
THANKS IN ADVANCE geek
Back to top Go down
Tina M.

Tina M.

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 am

I have a Canon SLR and wouldn't trade it for the world. The possibilites are endless of what you can do with it. I have taken some great photos. I am a scrapbooker too so I am all about quality we well. I like that I can use the auto funtion or any of the multiple settings. I also like the ability to use multiple lens. Nikkon cameras are great too. I have a friend who has one. Best advice I can tell you is research online for the funtions you want your camera to have and price compare. I spent a lot when I bought my camera, but I new it was a good investment. I have taken over 11,000 pics with it in the last 4 years and it has traveled all over with us and it is still awesome. I cannot wait to use it over here. I also have a small Canon PowerShot that I can drop in my purse (like today when I went on a tour downtown) when I don't wanna lug my big camera bag around. Hope this helps some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:47 am

Tina-
thanks so much! this does help Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

with cameras price does equal quality, the SLR's are awesome, if you want to do distance shots and are going to need to change out your lenses then that is the way to go. I worked at a newspaper and used a Nikon to take pics and those came out awesome as well. We just bought a new camera and I regret not just spending the extra couple hundred and getting Cannon. You can find some great deals online, refurbished and such and they come with warranties as well.
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Kimmy

Kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm

I have a Nikon D90 and love it to death. It never does me wrong. But let me tell you, it also depends on the person behind the camera. My husband try's bless his heart, to take a good picture and it does not work so good for him....LOL. You have to get a good camera and learn some basics on what makes a great photo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miahsgrl

PostSubject: Camera   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 am

I agree with what Kimmy said, but I have heard that the canon 7D, is the way to go??
Back to top Go down
JOFTAA

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

If you don't have any lenses already, the Nikon digital SLR camera is absolutely fantastic.

I have been a photo hobbyist since 1979. I love the Nikon SLR.

Check http://www.nikonians.org/ for a lot of useful info.

Any advice on CAMERAS? 2efhp50

Any advice on CAMERAS? 10wqh4p

Any advice on CAMERAS? Mvnic3
Back to top Go down
http://www.eXtremeGossip.com

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Wow! thanks so much everyone for the AWESOME responses! :O) I know a few cameras and styles were recommended, but this has certainly helped narrow the search. I'll let ya'll know which one we decide one.

Quick ? though, how do we get pictures added on here???? I love those 3 pics JOFTAA where were these taken? is that nanstein or frauenburg?
Back to top Go down
JOFTAA

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 pm

bev Surprised) wrote:
Wow! thanks so much everyone for the AWESOME responses! :O) I know a few cameras and styles were recommended, but this has certainly helped narrow the search. I'll let ya'll know which one we decide one.

Quick ? though, how do we get pictures added on here???? I love those 3 pics JOFTAA where were these taken? is that nanstein or frauenburg?

The first one was taken on 270 between Vogelweh and Krickenbach. The second is in Krickenbach, as well is the wood pile. I am glad you like them.

I should add that I do not EVER edit or enhance my photos. I have a real problem with photos that are edited. Once a photo is enhanced, it is no longer a photo. It becomes a piece of artwork created by a computer.

If I cannot get a good photo using natural lighting (or flash), and my own eye, then it is not worth doing. Anyone with a photo editor can make a photo look good. Not everyone can take a good photo in its pure form.

The first two are taken with a 300mm lens, hand held. The third was done with a 75mm lens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I've always loved taking photos ever since I was small. I don't have any lenses or anything, so I am going to start out w/ just the camera, learn that then move up w/ the extra lenses. I am really excited!
Back to top Go down
JOFTAA

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:21 pm

bev Surprised) wrote:
I've always loved taking photos ever since I was small. I don't have any lenses or anything, so I am going to start out w/ just the camera, learn that then move up w/ the extra lenses. I am really excited!

Before you dive into that Canon, be sure you do your research. I did weeks of research on lens quality, camera quality, accessory availability, customer service, etc. Nikon was the winner, hands down. I am very happy with my choice, even years later. I have had no problems with the camera at all, and it (along with the button pusher) takes some very nice photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any advice on CAMERAS?   Any advice on CAMERAS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any advice on CAMERAS?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: General-
Jump to: