Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bev :o)

Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Empty
PostSubject: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:41 am

So incase your new and living off post here are a few tips on recycling:

Yellow bags-anything plastic,metal,styrofoam
blue bags- paper and cardboard/clothes
clear bags-glass
black trash cans-bio(food)

pls feel free to add
These colors are pretty common for the Rheinland Phalz area. Also you can get more bags from your town hall. sometimes they will charge, but i know the one in kusel will give them too u for free and 2 times a year they deliver to your house bags depending on your family size.

Sometimes especially on days like this I wish I had a trash recycling sorting FAIRY!!!!!!! I am cleaning and instead of keeping one trash bag with me, I have to have at least 2. I know this is sooooo petty, but sheesh....this is where my little fairy would come in handy Surprised)

Last edited by bev :o) on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 am

It is interesting to see how the different areas approach recycling.

In Garmisch we had a blue bin strictly for paper/cardboard, brown bin was for compost, black/dark gray bin was for trash, and we had a yellow bag for the plastics, styrofoams, cans, etc. and we had to physically had to take the glass down the road to the glass depot.

Here in Heidelberg we have two trash bins and a basket. The green bin is for all of our recyclables including paper, the black/gray bin is for trash and we have a blue basket for glass. Then all of the bigger stuff (cardboard boxes, etc) can be taken on post to the recycling center.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am

wow queen

No wonder we all get confused at times...LoL Here in the K-town area the bases/posts have really cracked down on taking trash, even recyclables on to them. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I was a bit shocked at the glass bottles though. No worries, I can also take mine to some of the german grocery stores. they have these metal bins that sit outside them that break it down more to color of bottles Surprised) Oh and I love the machine inside the stores that give me MONEY BACK!!!!!even if it is only 15 german cents per bottle
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 am

I didn't know there was any machines! awesome! So this past christmas we decided to make our christmas tree out of beer bottles, lol the guys wanted to do it so why not! NEways, we saved bottles for idk like 4 months so there was a ton of bottles, over 30 cases, well the tree didn't get done... my guess the guys were too busy drinking, lol, and we only got the bottom layer so after Christmas the hubby took the bottles next door, there is glass recycling bins, and dropped them off, well a little bit after he was done this truck showed up and he was paying for bottles! yeah that sucked, I know it wouldn't have been much but would have been better then nothing, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 am

yeah Surprised) if the store sells that type of drink bottle you can go into the grocery store and put them in the machine. It will spit out a paper and u take it to the register and get some money back. Surprised) Plastic bottles work too. Some bottles u can get 15cents, others are 25 cents. Also depending on the store the machine may be in the back or the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)   Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recycling (plastic,paper,glass and bio)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: General-
Jump to: