Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bev :o)

HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 am

Hi ladies!

I need help. I am in a cooking rut! If any of ya have any good recipes for dinner pls let me know Surprised) Otherwise my poor husband will be stuck eating the recipe on the back of my Jasmine rice bag or tacos. thanks so much ahead of time Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 am

I was thinking about adding a section for recipe swap, is this something you guys would be interested in? Oh and as for your delima.... what kinda cook are you? Do you want something simple like a yummy Mexican casserole, something southern like fried chicken? Shrimp Alfredo? Those are just a few off the top of my head... I love to cook, actually just came up with a new "pita" like burrito thing made with bisquic, hamburger, beans, rotel and cheese!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am

bev Surprised) wrote:
Hi ladies!

I need help. I am in a cooking rut! If any of ya have any good recipes for dinner pls let me know Surprised) Otherwise my poor husband will be stuck eating the recipe on the back of my Jasmine rice bag or tacos. thanks so much ahead of time Surprised)

I have a couple quick recipes for you. I'll link you to the one on my blog (I haven't updated since we moved from Garmisch to Heidelberg Shocked ). I'll have to get the second one together and the post it for you.

Here is the Tuna Mac N Cheese recipe, this one is a favorite of the hubby and both of the kids.

http://american-mom-in-germany.blogspot.com/2009/04/tuna-mac-n-cheese-casserole.html

The second is called "Chicken Rolls" and uses crescent rolls. We actually had that one last night. Smile I need to go start dinner for us. I'll be back with the other recipe in a little while.
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 am

Kristin wrote:
I was thinking about adding a section for recipe swap, is this something you guys would be interested in? Oh and as for your delima.... what kinda cook are you? Do you want something simple like a yummy Mexican casserole, something southern like fried chicken? Shrimp Alfredo? Those are just a few off the top of my head... I love to cook, actually just came up with a new "pita" like burrito thing made with bisquic, hamburger, beans, rotel and cheese!

I would definitely be interested in a recipe section!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 am

Kristen- all the above sounded delicious....I am what you would call a basic cook who wishes she could do more Surprised) I am up for easy,moderate to difficult dishes Surprised) I think a section for recipes would be awesome!!!!

Brandy-wow that food on your blog looked YUMMY! i saved it to my favorites so i can go back Surprised)

I and especially my husband THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts :oP You all sure know how to pull a girl out of a pinch sunny
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am

Chicken Rolls

2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked
1 package cream cheese (we like the chives and onion)
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp dried minced onion
3 tbsp chives
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to temperature called for on crescent roll package (If you use the Pillsbury, I think it is 375 for 11-13 minutes).
Chop chicken into small pieces
Add cream cheese, milk, butter, onion, chives and salt and pepper. Mix well, until blended.
Separate crescent roll dough into triangles.
Put a spoonful of chicken mixture into the center of each crescent triangle and wrap dough around mixture. Pinching to seal filling inside.
Place chicken rolls on greased baking sheet.
Bake for time called for on crescent package or until crescents are a light golden brown.
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am

bev Surprised) wrote:
Kristen- all the above sounded delicious....I am what you would call a basic cook who wishes she could do more Surprised) I am up for easy,moderate to difficult dishes Surprised) I think a section for recipes would be awesome!!!!

Brandy-wow that food on your blog looked YUMMY! i saved it to my favorites so i can go back Surprised)

I and especially my husband THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts :oP You all sure know how to pull a girl out of a pinch sunny

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 am

Just wanted to let ya know Brandy that I made the tuna mac n cheese casserole and took it into my hubby for lunch today. Naturally whoever was around and hungry at too. So THANKS from the Baumholder 4/70th boys and ME!!!!!Your recipe ROCKS...all i took home was an empty dish geek
Back to top Go down
Brandy

Brandy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am

cheers Awesome! You're welcome and thank you Smile

I think I might do a post on my blog about the Chicken Rolls once I get back into posting. Those are a hit with guys also. I've only had one person ever who didn't like them (wouldn't even try them actually) because he knew there was cream cheese in them. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

I have a similar recipe to that one.....and OMG it is FABULOUS :O) I got it off the pillsbury award winning recipes. I love how you did step by step w/ photos Surprised) I am definitely a "hands on" "show it to me" kind of girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!   HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!!I'm in a cooking RUT!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: General-
Jump to: