Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Just a little introduction :)

Go down 
+2
Kristin
Mommy Jackie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mommy Jackie

Just a little introduction :) Empty
PostSubject: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 am

Hi All - my name is Jackie and we have been here in Vilseck since November and love it so far Smile We also come from Texas - in the DFW area - so this is quite a change for us. This is our first duty station - my husband joined the Army last year - he had an office job and just felt he need to do more, so we became apart of the Army family Smile We have 2 beautiful girls, Hayden (4) and Ryley (2 1/2). I have to say we have not ventured out much, but I would love some info on whats out there! Hope to get to know you all!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am

Welcome Jackie! Wow we have a bit in common, this is my hubby's first duty station and we came from Texas as well, Sonora it's by San Antonio! How about this weather... I think that is the hardest part to adjust too... not a fan of the snow, I sure miss Texas! Thanks for joining and helping me get this thing going!
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Mommy Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am

Lol, yeah we do - this weather is definitely different - I actually really love looking at the snow and I don't mind the cold - I just don't like the girls to go out in it - they have seemed to get more sick in this weather, but they wouldn't have it any other way, the absolutely LOVE it here! I am excited to see what the weather will be like come spring Smile
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

well the spring is rainy... and the summer is KILLER... it get's in the 90's but with no a.c. and it is horrible! I think I actually sweat more here than in Texas... thank God for portable a.c.'s... they are a must! It is really pretty here though in the spring... looks like a painting to me, but I still prefer the dead grass and dessert, nothing like a tumbleweed and a mesquite tree! lol.
Back to top Go down
hispeaceinthedisaster

hispeaceinthedisaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 am

WOW! This is our first duty station too! We are also from Texas...a little town called Clute, about 30 or 40 miles south of Houston. Small world right? Well we have been here since may 2008 and i just recently came back from home. I went back to have my second child with my family as my husband was deployed. For the most part, i love it here. I get pretty bored during the day, i have trouble meeting people also. We are on post in Graf. If anyone wants to chat or something friend me. I would like to meet new people! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mommy Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 am

Congratulations on the new baby!!! I live on Vilseck and know a few at Graf - maybe we could all get together and meet one day - I haven't read anything else yet - do you have any other children?
Back to top Go down
hispeaceinthedisaster

hispeaceinthedisaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 am

Thanks. I just posted my intro also. please read it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ski

Ski

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi

I live in Vilseck as well, theres not that much to do though but my land lady and her family always tell me if something is going on. Did you go to the Fasching canival last weekend? We had a great time. I think there were mainly Germans there but my husband dressed up in his stormtroopers outfit and couldnt walk to well lol.

The spring and summer are my favourate time in Germany all of the beer festivals open up (they are family friendly in the day and not just full of drunk that the best bit about being in the south) Also all of the open air swimming pools open, there is one at the end of my street and in Amberg I believe. If you want to go somewhere cool Potterstein (I hope I spelt it correctly) was fab it as a few attractions.

If your ever at a loose end and fancy going for a day trip when the weather is better or going for a coffee on post. I think its starbucks coffee in the coffee shop then let me know.
Back to top Go down
bev :o)

bev :o)

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 am

Welcome Susanspy! I agree this is an awesome site. Everyone is really nice and the best part, It's a positive no-drama place Surprised) How long have you been in Germany? Where are you stationed? My hubby is stationed in Baumholder but we live 1/2 way in between there and Kaiserslautern(ramstein area). sunny
Back to top Go down
Tina M.

Tina M.

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 am

Lots of Texas ladies!! We just came here from El Paso and I LOVED it there!! Funny to think that Germany was our first duty station too. And it will be ou last. Hubby plans to retire after this tour. Wish I could retire @ 40! LOL Welcome to those new to the site. I is has been a great source of info for me.

Tina
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 am

so it seem to be that the majority of us are from Texas and at our first duty station, lol. How wonderful! My favorite part of Texas is the niceness of people... I miss people not waving as they drive by, saying hello in passing and so forth... it's the little things like manners that get me! I'm so glad such a wonderful group of people have joined the site! Thanks for getting us off to a great start!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a little introduction :)   Just a little introduction :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a little introduction :)
Page 1 of 1