Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Welcome! Please login so you can add/edit/reply to post. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Operation: Leftovers - We are collecting unused pantry items & toiletries to redistribute to needy families, see Kaiserslautern-Local Events or contact Kristin or Tabby for more information! Thanks!

Hello Everyone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 am

Hi all... or no one yet as I'm the first to post! I'm Kristin and the creator of this forum. I've lived in the K-town area for almost a 1 year and a half and still don't know where to go/eat/visit and so forth. I decided to venture off of RYS, awesome as it is, and start a place where we can post our experiences so that when new people come they maybe will get a bit of a heads up! I love being in Germany, we have 2 1/2 years left, but I do terribly miss home which is in the great state of Texas! My husband is in the Army and I am a SHW and love it. I run a business designing custom apparel, invites, announcements and so forth and LOVE photoshop... I couldn't live with out it! If ya want check out my website Olive Oil Designs (((had to throw that in, lol))). I hope everyone get's involved. I was told that the people who hate being here are the people who stay at home or in the barracks and do nothing and I agree, so let's all put our heads together and figure this wonderful country out!

Much love,
Kristin
Back to top Go down
https://livingingermany.forumotion.com
Kimmy

Kimmy

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

This is a great idea. My name is Kimberly and I have been here 4 months. We were flying blind when we got here on everything. We still don't have this place down. I refuse to let that stop me though. I venture out anywhere and everywhere. I get lost and love every min. of it. We are in Europe, I want to see it all, taste it all and do it all. We have no friends yet over here and find it hard to meet people. I have two kids 9 and 7. I have Peter Pan syndrome and refuse to get old. I wont let my husband get old either. My kids are brought up the way I was, just not as harsh. I think I am coming up on the ending of the Germany honeymoon phase because I am wondering What Next. Have you gone through this. I am glad to be able to blog somewhere about my experiences and to meet people like me. Thanks Kristen for setting this up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:44 pm

No problem Kimberly... I just hope I can get this thing going good, it may take awhile but I think it may be worth it in the end.
Back to top Go down
agongidi

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hey!!!   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Amber. I have been here 1 1/2 years now and feel like even though we are situated, we are still adjusting. We came from Ft. Bragg, NC. My husband is civilian but stationed with the 212th at Miesau. We have three boys ages 11, 9, and 1, and are expecting our fourth july 5th. I have found it pretty hard to make friends here but it seems like everyone one I talk to says the same thing and is in the same boat. I think this was a great idea and look forward to getting to know some new people. Tchuss! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: HI Amber!   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Welcome Amber! I'm glad you joined, I know how you feel, we have been here 1 1/2 years and we still have 2 1/2 more to go so we are going to try and make the most of it! Hopefully we can make some friends from this site... lord knows every time I make one... they PCS, lol tis the way the Army works though, lol.

I would like to remind everyone to PLEASE not post their introductions as a REPLY to my introduction and post it as a NEW TOPIC! You can do this by clicking on Introductions and then on NEW TOPIC otherwise this one will grow too big.
Back to top Go down
Ellen

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 am

Hi, my name is Ellen. I'm an AF wife with a 20 months old boy and a 1 month old girl.
We've been living in Germany for 1 1/2 years now. We can from Aviano, Italy.
I guess I know my way around, but I'm sure there's so much more to explore and it's always nice
to meet new people!
I can't wait to read all the topics and info!
Back to top Go down
Kimmy

Kimmy

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 am

Wow Kristen look how many people now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristin
Admin
Admin
Kristin

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 am

Kimmy wrote:
Wow Kristen look how many people now. cheers

I know I'm so excited... I keep calling my hubby giving him updates, lol really glad this is working out!
Back to top Go down
Cjsmommy07

Cjsmommy07

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:39 am

I think in about another 2 weeks. you will have so many ladies on here! its a great site. finally something ONLY for Germany lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Introductions-
Jump to: